Thursday 21 January 2010

book learning 6:Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris.

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris.

After a meaty read through the pestilential days of the Black Death I decided to go for some one stop, guarenteed humour.
I got it. I tore through this in about 3 days just like I knew I would. I got the jokes and the wit, I laughed out loud a few times, including once on an LIRR train. Everyone knew what I was laughing about and no one minded.

I have always enjoyed his work, I just think he's funnier when he's telling his stuff. I just prefer to listen to him.
Of course I would recommend this, Of course I would pass this along, The way he describes North Carolina as a third rate instituion still pisses me up. But I just wanted something more.

No comments: